That's right, it's Tom Hiddlestons Birthday. And in honour, I decided to make a list of the top 5 reasons we love Loki!
The god of mischief for some reason holds a place in all of our hearts. It's not normally the villains that catch our attention, but in this case, Loki has all of us kneeling to his command. Why?
1) The Bad Boy Affect - We all know what this is. That one boy who we know we shouldn't like but for some reason captures our attention any way. The bad boy affects is known to melt the hearts of girls everywhere, and Loki just happens to be the ultimate bad boy of nerdom.
2) Sibling Rivalry - Loki was always over shadowed by his older brother, which is something many of us can connect to. And with our instinct to fix the broken, Loki uses his tragic back story to win our attention.
3) The Scrawny-British-Boy Affect - Breaking news, not all women and men are into buff, over the top, muscular men, and who doesn't love an English boy (for example, Phil Lester and Dan Howell).
4) Anti-Hero - An anti-hero is defined as 'a central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.' Loki hits all of these criteria.
5) Cute? - I don't fully understand this one, but many people just want to hug him...Beats me.
So happy birthday T Hiddles. Keep slaying!